Monday 2 February 2015

Things I do in January and to kick off Feb!

Hello fluffies,

This is the month of change. This is the month, of 



PIERCINGS.

okay. I finally got my first ear piercings! They were pretty painful at first but quickly felt like nothing afterwards. My boyfriend decided to reward me with Lady M for finally plucking up my courage to get my piercing done. 

My superman looking like a stunned baby

I've always passed by this Lady M outlet and never stepped in until that day. What a beautiful space and interesting volumes. If my memory didn't fail me, this used to be the outlet store for Ashley Isham, a Singaporean fashion designer.

We had the chocolate Mille crepe which was awesome and an apple tart which was...okay? My boyfriend didn't really like it but I thought it was pretty good though. Probably wouldn't pay that kind of price for a tart like it again!

We also discovered this quaint little new waffle hideout in Bukit Timah after one of my long lecture days. The ambience was amazing and I really loved the interior decorations. The glass panels at the back of the cafe reflected the beautiful lights which looked like a dreamy layer against the yard.

We had Cinnamon apples with Vanilla ice cream waffles with Earl grey Lavender Gryphon Tea. Look at the cute cutleries which were in perfect sync with the interior!

On a quiet night, close to 10pm :)

Tell me if January was a month of desserts or what? After one of our gym sessions at Toa Payoh Safra, we decided to head to the last dragon playground in Singapore. 
Le boyfriend tried to take a nice picture of me but my poses just won't cooperate.


FYI, This one of our first dating spots. The first time we were here, we weren't even holding hands yet hahahaha
Although my boyfriend was really just.. UPSET that he had to have such a late lunch that day, we fixed it by having ice cream and waffles under a tree, beside a playground while watching Pan's Labyrinth. It was a beautiful day after all. :3

Soooo Because its January again, that means LANEWAY AGAIN! Unfortunately I fell sick and didn't manage to pull through the whole event :( This year we decided to get henna done for the special occassion!


 
Despite the crazy combination of sudden sunshine, on off rain and my constant sneezing, I had fun. Laneway never fails to start my year well and remind me of things that I have always loved. I'm so looking forward to the next Laneway festival and hopefully I would be fit as a fiddle to brave through the 12 hour music fest.

Because my flu actually got way worse after the event, my boyfriend made me hot chicken soup after my constant whining about wanting hot food hehe.

I got to have my first movie date of the year with my bros right after work. We caught 'I fine.. Thank you.. Love you' a Thai comedy which sent us all into fits because it was really funny! It's one of the movies that I would actually bother to watch again. 


We celebrated Baked Alaska day on the first day of February by meeting up at Serene centre for Baked Alaska at Island Creamery. Le boyfriend made an impromptu dinner choice of french cuisine at La Petite Mason and I topped it up with my take away super market salad.

The spinach ravioli with lemon creme was SOOOO GOOOD my goodness. I miss it so much already. It may look like a mess in the picture. In fact their food didn't look fantastic. But heck, they taste really good. I can't wait to be back there for dinner actually.

For desserts, I was pleasantly surprised that the special CNY ice cream flavours are back. Although the black sesame with peanut butter didn't taste as good as before, it still tastes pretty good. 

Of course, with all these dessert conquering, I had to match it with enough exercise to burn those calories off. Despite my new year resolutions, I haven't tried any exercise routines that are particularly new. 

So i've found this workout by Livestrong and Nicky Holender to try out tomorrow morning before school:

STRONGER Month 2 Plyometric Workout: EXPLOSION

Looks tough enough to make me break a sweat!

You can give it a try if you'd like and please do let me know how was it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment