Saturday 28 June 2014

Fitness log and Operation weightloss: 2

Hi fluffies,

Here's my workout for the day, in sequence.

1. The HIIT portion of Fitness Blender's 1000 Calorie Workout
I took alot more time than I usually would when i did this workout today. Quite possibly because I haven't done any intense cardio exercises in a while :/

2. Toned Arms & Sculpted Back POP Pilates | Cocktail Dress Series
P.s: I made my 64 year old mom try to do the golf balls, volley balls and the chest pulses. She managed to complete the golf and volley balls, and one chest pulse. its a good start!

3. 5 Best Exercises to Flatten your Lower Belly

4. 5 Minute Ab Express Workout | POP Pilates

5. POP Pilates: Intense Ab Workout! (Full 10 min)

As you can see, the bulk of the workout videos that I am doing are from Cassey Ho, owner of blogilates.com. I am a huge fan of her workout videos because they are short, not too crazy and best of all, she's always so encouraging. 

If you've read about my first weightloss failure in my earlier blogpost, you would know that I decided to launch Operation weightloss 2 after a night of partying. 

During that time, I was constantly talking to one of my model-body girl friends. Even though she obviously did not need to lose weight, she would occasionally watch exercise videos from youtube and if it is a good video, she would share it with me. 

And this was how I chanced upon blogilates. She showed me a video by Cassey Ho, the blogger behind it all. I didn't think much of it at first. In fact, my first reaction was, 'wow, she's so bubbly to a fault. holy.. omg, she's doing burpees... what? who does that and lasts for so long while talking to the camera?!' 
However, having just experienced my overnight mini 'weightloss', my new found motivation drove me to give it a try. 

Food Baby HIIT Workout (POP Cardio)

This was the video that kick started it all.
And my first 'kick' was done barefooted at home. By the end of the FIRST exercise move, I was floored, breathless and dying. What was supposed to be an approx 8min workout turned into more than 20mins. On top of that, blisters formed at the bottom of my feet. 
But because of this stubborn idea that moving more burns more calories. I tried another video. 
Unfortunately I cannot remember which video it was but i can tell you, I was sore EVERYWHERE the next day. I have this sadistic impression of fitness, that soreness meant work is being done. 


I simply could not bring myself to spend on a pair of pretty Nike's just so that I could jump around at home.

The next day, I went out to my neighbourhood shoe shop and got a pair of training shoes. It was SGD$16. 


And with that, 
I unwittingly launched Operation weightloss: 2
The only one that worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment