Wednesday 23 July 2014

Amazing Thailand, Amazing Krabi, Amazing Company Part One

Helloo fluffies,

Its been.. more than a week. I just got home this afternoon after spending a wonderful week in Krabi. Wasn't exactly off the grid but pretty much most of the time and I really appreciate the moments when I could see the world without instant access to the web.

I decided to do this post instead of heading straight to bed because I'm feeling too awake right now from stressing about some personal development issues at the moment. Hopefully after doing this post, I'll feel a little bit better.

Day One:

Onward to Krabi!
 I've never been on a budget airline before so it was a really amusing experience for me because I have never seen adverts in a plane before. Kinda reminds me of how buses are too.


The mandatory pic of my plane among the clouds :)


After we landed, we had to buy tickets to get on a bus which will bring us to the place which we would be staying for the next 6 nights, Ao Nang Beach.

After reaching, we simply put down our stuffs and took a stroll along the street, looking for dinner because we were really hungry. Unfortunately, due to lack of pre-empting the dinner crowd, we ended up waiting nearly an hour for our pad thai and fried rice at E-san Seafood restaurant. We didn't even manage to eat our mango salad because it was too long a wait. The auntie doing the cooking was really nice tho and the food was good, albeit a tad too oily to be on the healthy side but hey, anything with enough oil and sugar tastes good.

Day 2: 
White water rafting & elephant trekking

We officially kicked start our adventure by leaving the hotel by 8am to go for white water rafting and elephant trekking. It was a full day thing so a buffet lunch was served. Rafting was really fun and I enjoyed it alot.


  I can't say the same for the elephant trekking. It is heart breaking to see the elephant tamers using sharp hammers to control the elephants. I would not recomment elephant trekking to anyone. Especially not from 'Island Safari' tours. Like seriously, just stay the hell away from this tour planner when it comes to elephant trekking. Our 30minute ride ended up as a sad and short little stroll within a zoo-like compound. Monkeys were made to do tricks continuously and some of the baby elephants look like they've gone mad whenever loud electronic music is played. I'm pretty sure that there are more ethical elephant trekking tours out there as I've seen the elephants roam the forests.




Beware of the crazy green chilli in the Som Tum. I nearly died because it was SO SPICY.

The very awesome thai pancake. but not so awesome combination choice on our part. This is pineapple pancake and it tastes kinda weird. 

Day 3:
Kayaking in Ao Thalane
Breakfast at an Italian restaurant. Bad decision. Overpriced for a measly portion of food.

The prettier part of the beach is filled with make shift massage parlors. Not the sleazy kind though.. Or maybe they were but it looked very open.



On our way back to the hotel, we decided to try the Pad thai from one of the road side stalls. It was really tasty!

We did an afternoon of kayaking in Ao Thalane, amongst mangroves. It was a really eye opening experience. Though t wasn't fun sitting in murky looking waters with suspicious looking bubbles, I had lots of fun trying to kayak my way through narrow spaces. over underwater roots, ducking under the branches etc.




For dinner, we just kept walking along the streets and eating random food along the way.

We had a mango pancake topped with chocolate syrup. This one is definitely a better choice of combination.

Day 4:
Exploring markets after renting a bike. We love markets. I feel it is a very good way of looking at how the locals live and I love watching them and see what they buy. And because it was really just an adventure, we don't even know the names of the markets that we've stopped at :/

Paid a visit to the roadside foodstall auntie again. My boyfriend had this fried pork with rice while I had an omelette.

I believe alot of their desserts looks and tastes quite familiar to us because Krabi has a very large muslim community and they look just like malays. 






These bunnies were sooo cute but too bad I can't buy them home :(



We pretty much settled out lunch there and stopped by Tesco to check out their local supermarket. But the greatest thing that we discovered was Southern Coffee. As you can see, my man's looking pretty gleeful.

On our way back to the hotel, we discovered another market!


No comments:

Post a Comment