Thursday 10 July 2014

The Lower Fat Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread

Dear Fluffies,

 Today, I made chocolate peanut butter spread with probably half the amount of fat :) Its smooth, sweet, pudding-like. I had to stop myself from eating it by the spoonfuls or dipping my finger into it.
All it took is just 5 ingredients, stuffs that you should be able to find at your local supermarkets :)


I'm tryinggggg to make my food pictures better haha


Ingredients:
200g of Adam's natural Peanut butter (although I really just eyeballed it)
5 Pitted dates (this sweetens the mixture naturally)
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
250g of Almond milk
1 tspn of sweet potato starch
All you have to do, is to chuck everything into a blender and blend it until smooth.
You can add different spices to it as well. For eg, sprinkle of cayenne pepper and cinnamon powder for a little fiery kick.


And now, for the not so healthy kind of foods, 

I headed down to Pasar Bella at Turf City yesterday for lunch but it was more like tea-time. I love going to Pasar Bella whenever I can. Not always for bad food.. Just to soak in the atmosphere you know. Haha I love quaint places with homemade style food. Oh and good coffee :)

If you've been to Pasar Bella, you probably would have passed by Laman's Delight. 
Home made Russian cakes. Rustic, delicious, homely and absolutely divine. 
It is a little on the pricy side but at SGD$12 for a huge fresh slice, full of flavour, its worth every penny.

Here are 2 glorious cakes which I shared with my mother and auntie.
Us 3 ladies couldn't eat anything else after the cakes because they were that huge haha.
Drunken cherry
Grillage
I love food soaked with liquor and the drunken cherry cake is just that. The cake literally was dripping cherry juice baby. 
The grillage is a not so commonly seen cake in Singapore but it is actually a vanilla and chocolate cake with caramelised walnuts. I've had it before and I'll always have it again <3

Anyways,  I hope you try the lower fat chocolate peanut butter, if you've tried to put a spin on it with your own flavours etc, I'd like to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment