Wednesday 23 July 2014

Amazing Thailand, Amazing Krabi, Amazing Company Part Two

As you can tell, we did alot of eating during our trip and they weren't the healthiest food around. I pretty much YOLOed meal everyday. In fact, I had ice cream everyday because the magnums and cornettos are really cheap in Krabi!

Continuing from my previous post..

Day 5:
4 Island sunset tour plus BBQ dinner.

But first, we've got to have our breakfast!


Vermicelli Pad Thai with vegetables and egg for me while pork porridge for my boyfriend.

We found some fishes left behind by the local fishermen and tried to bring them back for the neighbourhood cats.

Our 4 island tour revolved around Poda Island greatly. It was our first stop and we even had our dinner there.




 Catching the wonderful sunset on the beach of Poda Island with my boyfriend.
It ended with a boat ride to a wall of one of the islands and we got to see glowing planktons! It was like magic! Unfortunately it is very hard to take a picture of them because they only glow when disturbed and they weren't enough of them to be bright enough to take a picture. 

Day 6:
Last day in Ao Nang and off To the markets again!


We stopped over at a coffee place to chill and wait for the rain to pass. It is currently the off-peak rainy season. Its usually a little cloudy and grey.

Day 7: 
Arrived in Krabi Town and the quest for Anchali.

We did a crazy load of walking today! So much walking I missed the bike so bad. However, we did discover some interesting places and of course, the local markets! It is surprising because I really did not expect much to be happening around the town since it is a weekday. But market walking oh yes we did.




This is the corridor of our hotel, Hometel. It is a creepy ass place hahaha my goodness. I wouldn't have stayed here alone. This picture is a too-kind depiction of the real place.

While we were in Ao Nang, we came across a local magazine and read about a restaurant called Ruen Mai Thai Seafood Restaurant. It has been around for over 20 years and we didn't want to give it a miss since we love eating. We got intrigued and did some further research and realised that the original Ruen Mai has been taken over by the former head chef and now named Anchali
Here's my boyfriend trying to mimic my thumbs up pose, he's perfecting it already.




We reached at about 5pm and ordered 4 dishes in total and couldn't finish the mango salad because we were toooooo fuuulllllll. The southern coconut cream soup was delicious. It had so much bamboo shoots inside and I love bamboo shoots. The curry fried crab really good too!
We ordered the burnt eggplant with shrimps as well. The smokey flavour in the soft juicy eggplant soaked in a slightly tart sauce, topped with mint leaves and spring onions was like a beautiful orchestra. 


The restaurant looks so beautiful and romantic at night. It was just so so amazing.

We took a long walk back into the town area as we were really full. So back at the market, we bought some breakfast for the next day and look what we spotted!
 
Cakes for sale at a local night market. I was so amused by it lol.

Day 8:
Home sweet home
This is the first ever overseas trip that I've taken with my prince Ahbubu. I couldn't be happier,  thank you for taking care of me, driving me around and giving in to me all the time, showing me the world, singing to me while on the bike. 
I felt really scared at first because I've never been on a motorbike before. But I've gotten so used to riding behind you. I actually miss being on a bike with you now. I miss watching bedtime movies with you already :( I'm sad our little adventure is over..

Although I don't see us coming back in the near future.. I see us going on many more adventures, further and further each time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment